英语巴士网

2008年职称英语考试珍藏句型分析宝典(四十二)

分类: 职称英语  时间: 2023-11-24 15:27:12 

neither ... nor ...
結構︰neither ... nor ...
說明︰此句型意為“既非…也非…”。可連接對等的單字、<片語>或<子句>;連接<主詞>時,<動詞>要隨最近的 <主詞>做變化。
Neither he nor I was able to understand her. 既不是我也不是他能夠了解她。
Neither you nor I am wrong. 你也好,我也好,都沒錯。
In my opinion, neither you nor he has met the standard.在我看來,你跟他都沒有達到標準。
I neither expressed surprise at the price nor attempted to accept it.
我對於這個價格既沒有表示驚異,也沒想接受。
We are going to play neither basketball nor volleyball.我們既不將打籃球也不將打排球。

both ... and ...
結構︰both ... and ...
說明︰此句型意為“二者皆;和”。這是對等<連接詞片語>,可連接對等的單字、<片語>和<子句>;若連接<主詞>時,<動詞>一定為複數形。
I work both on sunny days and on rainy ones. 我風雨無阻地工作。
That actress is both skillful and beautiful. 那位女演員演技精湛又長得漂亮。
He is known both as a painter and as a statesman. 他是知名的畫家及政治家。
He succeeded both because he was industrious and because he had many friends to help him.
他的成功是由於勤勉和許多朋友的幫助。
Both he and I are satisfied with the result. 我和他對結果都很滿意。
Helen ordered both fried chicken and salad in the fast-food restaurant.
海倫在快餐店裡點了炸雞和色拉。

... as well as ...
結構︰... as well as ...
說明︰此句型意為“既…又…”。這是對等<連接詞片語>,可連接對等的單字、<片語>和<子句>;若連接<主詞>時,<動詞>要跟著第一個<主詞>做變化。
She can speak Japanese as well as English. 她會說日語和英語。
Obviously he is interested in music as well as (in) painting.顯然他對音樂和繪畫都有興趣。
He succeeded because he was industrious as well as because he had many friends to help him. 他的成功是由於勤勉和許多朋友的幫助。
He as well as I is satisfied with the result. 他和我都滿意這樣的結果。

... as well.
結構︰主詞+動詞…as well
說明︰此句型意為“…也是…”。as well 一般置於句尾。
Often life is much slower outside the big cities, as is true in other countries as well.
大都市外面的生活步調往往是緩慢得多,這在其他國家也是真的那樣。
She is not only good at mathematics, but she is interested in English as well.
她不但擅長數學,而且對英語也感到興趣。
Tom is very unfriendly to me as well. 湯姆對我也很不友善。

as soon as ...
結構︰as soon as ...
說明︰此句型意為“一…就…”。為<副詞><連接詞>,引導<副詞子句>,修飾<主要子句>。等於“no sooner ... than ...”或“hardly/scarcely…when/before…”。
As soon as she arrived in the city, she phoned her friend.
她一到這個城市,就給她的朋友打電話。
As soon as I have time, I will call you up. 我一有空,就會打電話給你。
Tell me as soon as you have finished. 你一完成就告訴我。

no sooner ... than ...
結構︰no sooner ... than ...
說明︰此句型意為“一…就…”。為<副詞><連接詞>,引導,<副詞子句>,修飾<主要子句>。no sooner 為<否定副詞>,置於句首時,<主詞>與<助動詞>必須倒裝。
He had no sooner come than she left. 他一來,她就離開。
No sooner had I left the shop than a man came to me and asked me if my name was Peter.
我一離開商店,就有一位男士向我走來,問我是不是叫彼得。
No sooner had he arrived than he fell sick. 他剛抵達就病倒了。
I had no sooner gone out than it began to rain. 我剛走到外面就開始下雨了。

hardly ... when ...
結構︰hardly/scarcely ... when/before ...
說明︰此句型意為“一…就…”。為<副詞><連接詞>,引導<副詞子句>,修飾<主要子句>。hardly,scarcely 為<否定副詞>,置於句首時,<主詞>與<助動詞>必須倒裝。
John had hardly opened the door when his guests arrived. 約翰剛打開門他的客人就到了。
Scarcely had I washed the car before the sky rumbled with thunder.
我剛洗車天空就打雷了。
Hardly had I gone out of the hotel when I met my friend.我剛走出飯店就遇見了我的朋友。
Scarcely had she heard the sad story when she burst out crying.
她一聽到這悲傷的消息,就失聲痛哭。

猜你喜欢

推荐栏目