英语巴士网

2008年职称英语考试珍藏句型分析宝典(四十一)

分类: 职称英语 

... no other than ...
結構︰主詞+be+no/none+other+than/but…
說明︰此句型意為“…不是別人,正是…”。than 在此處並非連接<比較級>之用,而是當“除…外”解,but與 than 相當,也作“除外”解,後面跟強調的人。
This is no other than my old friend, John. 這位不是別人,正是我的老朋友約翰。
The young man sitting at the desk was none other than our new teacher.
坐在辦公桌那兒的那個年輕人正是我們新來的老師。
The tall figure that you saw was none other than our manager.
你所見的那位身材魁梧的先生不是別人正是我們的經理。
As a top manager, he should appoint none but people on their merit.
作為一位總經理,他應該任人為賢。

... nothing else than ...
結構︰主詞+be+nothing+else than/less than/(else)but…
說明︰此句型意為“…不是別的,而是…”。本<句型>強調的是物。
His failure in this transaction was due to nothing else than his own carelessness.
他在這筆交易中的失利完全是由於他自己的粗心大意。
The present market situation is nothing else than fine. 目前市場形勢是最好不過的了。
What we expected is nothing less than a timely payment. 及時付款正是我們所盼望的。
This transaction is nothing less than a miracle. 這筆交易完全是一個奇蹟。
What I need is nothing but a sample. 我需要的不過是一件樣品而已。
His condition is nothing but a little discount. 他的條件不過是一點折讓。

... not so ... but ...
結構︰…not+so/such+形容詞/副詞+but…
說明︰此句型意為“還沒有到不能…的程度”,引申為“儘管…還是”。此處的 but 相當於“that ... not”。
I am not such a fool but I can solve the problem. 我雖不才,還是能解決這一問題。
The quality is not so poor but it is acceptable. 質量雖差,但仍能接受。
He is not so sick but he can attend a class. 他儘管有病,還是可以上課。

not only ... but also ...
結構︰主詞+not merely/not only…but(also)…
說明︰此句型意為“不僅/不但…而且…”。not only…but also 稱為“<對等連接詞>”,所連接的兩個單字,須用相同的詞性。如果連接兩個<動詞>時,前後的時式要一致;如用於連接兩個<主詞>時,重點在第二個<主詞>,因此<動詞>須與第二個<主詞>一致。若連接對等的<主要子句>,而由 not merely,not only 開頭,則要用倒裝形式。
Mary not only cleaned the room but (also) washed the window.
瑪麗不但清掃房間而且也洗刷窗子。
The hamburger not only smells good but (also) tastes delicious.
這只漢堡包不但氣味好聞而且味道好吃。
He is famous not only for his talent but (also) for his kindness.
他不僅以才能出名,而且是出名的好心。
Not only you but (also) I am to blame. 不僅你,連我都要受責難。
Not only did the dog bark at him, but (it) bit him. 這隻狗不但對他吠叫,而且咬了他。
Not only is she beautiful, but she is (also) kind. 她不僅漂亮,而且善良。
His job is not only to dispose of problems but (also) to meet unexpected challenges.
他的工作不僅要處理難題而且也要應付突來的挑戰。

either ... or ...
結構︰either ... or ...
說明︰此句型意為“要不…就是…”。可連接對等的單字、<片語>或<子句>;連接<主詞>時,<動詞>要隨最近的 <主詞>做變化。
Can you speak either English or French? 你會說英語或法語嗎?
Either you or he has made the mistake. 不是你,就是他弄錯了。
Either he or I am to blame. 不是他就是我該受責備。
Either you are wrong, or I am. 不是你錯,就是我錯了。
Either your answer or mine is wrong. 不是你的答案錯了,就是我的錯了。
Either we will find a supply, or we will make the goods.我們或是尋求供貨,或者自己製造。
Tom is going to buy either a guitar or a piano.湯母不是要買一把吉他就是要買一架鋼琴。

猜你喜欢

推荐栏目