商务晚餐(1)
梅和托尼为公司找到了合适的代理商。在签订合作协议后,代理商请他们共进晚餐以示庆祝。
1)
(W= Waiter T= Tony M = May, A = Anita)
W: Good evening ladies and gentlemen. Do you have a reservation?
晚上好,女士们先生们,你们有预定吗?
T: Yes we do, in the name of Marshall.
是的,名字是马歇尔。
W: Ah yes, a table for six at 8.30? Would you like a drink in the bar first?
哦,是的,预定的八点半吧。你们想先在吧台喝点饮料吗?
M: Em, no thanks. I think we'll go straight to the table.
呃,不用了,谢谢。我想我们还是开席吧。
W: Fine. Can I take your coats?
好的。我帮您拿衣服。
M: Thank you.
谢谢。
W: We have over fifty specials today. A waiter will come and help you in a moment.
我们今天有五十多个特色推介。等下会有服务生来帮您点餐。
T: Thanks. Have you been here before, Anita?
谢谢。你以前来过这儿吗,安妮塔?
A: No, I haven't, but it's quite well known in Manchester. It's famous for its 'sizzling Chinese steak', very hot!
没有。不过这家在曼彻斯特很出名。它的"铁板牛排"很有名,很多人喜欢。
T: Shall we order an aperitif? What would you like Anita?
我们来瓶开胃酒吧?安妮塔,你想喝点什么?
A: Em, sherry for me please.
哦,就要雪利酒吧。
2)
(W= Waiter T= Tony M = May, A = Anita)
A: So, have you enjoyed your time in Manchester, Tony?
托尼,你们在曼彻斯特还开心吧?
T: Very much. It's been great. We haven't stopped for a minute!
非常开心。真的是太棒了。我们一刻也停不下来。
A: You had time to see the city then?
你们参观这座城市了吧?
T: Yes, we saw masses of things. We went to the disco, restaurants, all the shoe shops in the city, Castlefield, the Lake District...
是的,我们去了很多地方。迪斯科厅,饭店,所有的鞋店,承包,湖区……
A: And time for some work as well!
也做了一些工作。
T: [laughs] Huh! Now and again! In fact the exhibition was a great success, wasn't it, May?
哈!时而!事实上展会很成功,是吧,梅?
M: Yeah, it was brilliant.
是的,非常成功。
W: Er, can I get you anything else, madam, sir?
呃,夫人,先生,你们还想要点什么吗?
T: No, no, thank you, just the bill, please.
不用了,谢谢,请结账吧。
A: That steak was delicious! Thank you very much for inviting us.
牛排真不错!谢谢你款待我们。
T: It's our pleasure. Here's to a long and fruitful partnership!
不客气。祝愿我们的合作能长久、成功!
A: Thanks and see you back in Manchester next year, I hope!
谢谢,希望明年还能在曼彻斯特见到你。
T: Me too!
我也希望。