英语巴士网

美文欣赏:深呼吸,然后相信

分类: 英语美文 

I had to put the following quote into practice 25 years ago
25年前,我曾反复念诵一句话
when I was asked to give a speech at my precious friend Evy's wedding.
因为我应邀参加从前的好友Evy的婚礼,必须作一番演讲
"Sometimes the best thing you can do is
“有时,你能做的最好的事,”
 
not think, not wonder, not imagine, not obsess,
“就是不要思考,不要猜忌,不要想象,不要沉迷”
 just breathe and have faith
“你只需要深呼吸,保持信念”
that everything will work out for the best."
“要相信,一切都会变成最好的样子”
You may wonder why on earth would it be so difficult?
你可能会问,为什么这件事对于我如此艰难?
 Well, there's a good reason why.
我有充足的理由
Our son, Todd, was a very close friend with Evy.
我们的儿子Todd一直与Evy非常要好
After Todd's death, Evy and I became close friends too.
Todd死后,Evy和我也成为了亲密的朋友。
Evy would stopover at our home and spend time with me.
Evy时常来我家串门,陪着我一起度过难熬的时光。
 
Every year on the date of Todd's death
每年Todd的忌日
Evy would send me a white rose in memory of Todd.
Evy都会寄一只白玫瑰给我,以表达她对Todd的追思
What was interesting is
有趣的是
 
that Evy was going to marry a man named Todd.
Evy的准新郎名字也叫Todd
I kept thinking, wondering,
我脑中思绪翻飞,仿佛问着为什么
imagining when I heard the minister say 'Todd' that I was going to start crying.
我想象着,当我听到牧师叫“Todd”的时候,自己一定会哭出来
I'm here to tell you that
现在我想告诉你们
I did breathe and put my faith in my life that day.
那一天,我做到了,我深呼吸,然后将我的信任交付到生活手中
Before I open my mouth
在我开始演讲之前
I put this verse in my mind,
我在心里念诵着这样一句话
 "I can do all things through life who strengthens me"
“经过生活的历练,我将能够做好任何事,因为生活让我变得更坚强

I did give a speech and I didn't cry.
我顺利完成了演讲,而且并没有哭泣
 
Everything did work out for the best
生活真的变成了最好的样子
 
and now 25 years later
如今,25年之后
Todd and Evy are still married.
Todd和Evy还是一对恩爱夫妻

猜你喜欢

推荐栏目