英语巴士网

那些有关爱情的习语 上

分类: 英语美文 

1.FALL IN LOVE WITH SOMEBODY 坠入爱河

start feeling love towards somebody

对某人产生感情

I think I'm falling in love with my best friend. What should I do?

我好像喜欢上了自己的好朋友,怎么办?

2. LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT 一见钟情

falling in love with somebody the first time you see them

初次见面,便喜欢某人

My wife and I met at a party. It was love at first sight.

我和妻子在一次聚会上相识。我们一见钟情。

3. BE AN ITEM 确立恋爱关系

two people are an item when they are having a romantic relationship

两人交往时确立恋爱关系

I didn't know Chris and Sue was an item. They didn't even look at each other at dinner.

我一点也没发现克里斯和苏在一起了。他们俩吃饭时从不看彼此。

4. MATCH MADE IN HEAVEN 天作之合

a relationship in which the two people are great together, because they complement each other so well

一段恋爱中,两人十分融洽,因为他们有了彼此才完整。

Do you think Matt and Amanda will get married?

你认为马特和阿曼达会结婚吗?

-I hope they will. They're a match made in heaven.

-希望如此。他俩简直是绝配。

5. BE HEAD OVER HEELS (IN LOVE) 死心塌地

be in love with somebody very much

深深陷入爱情

Look at them. They're head over heels in love with each other.

看他们,爱的死心塌地,神魂颠倒。

6. BE LOVEY-DOVEY 卿卿我我

expressing your love in public by constantly kissing and hugging

在公众场合亲吻拥抱,卿卿我我。

I don't want to go out with Jenny and David. They're so lovey-dovey, I just can't stand it.

我不想跟詹妮和大卫一起出去。他俩总是卿卿我我,真让人受不了。

7. HAVE THE HOTS FOR SOMEBODY 为某人所倾倒

finding somebody extremely attractive

认为某人格外耀眼

Nadine has the hots for the new apprentice. I wouldn't be surprised if she asked him out.

纳丁总是为新学徒所吸引。要是她约他出去,我一点也会不惊讶。

8. PUPPY LOVE 初恋

short-term adolescent love

少男少女之间的短暂爱情

My son is only twelve, but he's already in love. Isn't it a bit too early?

我儿子虽然才十二岁,但已经开始恋爱了。会不会太早了?

-Don't worry, it's only puppy love. It won't last.

-别担心,初恋是短暂的。

猜你喜欢

推荐栏目