做让自己快乐的事情
If you're doing something because you're imagining what people will think when they see you doing it,
如果你做某件事的原因仅仅是因为,你会想象旁人看到你做这件事的时候作何反响
you're not doing it for the right reason.
那么,你的动机并不正确
It's the things you do,
你所做的事情,
even though you might get made fun of by those you fear seeing you do it,
——尽管你可能害怕别人看到你做这件事,害怕他们会因此嘲笑你——
that define your true passions.
界定了你内心真正的渴望
Pursue the things that scare you
去追求那些让你感到敬畏的事情吧
even though you might "embarrass" yourself.
尽管你可能在人前感到尴尬
The embarrassment isn't real.
这种尴尬的感觉会很快消失
The people you feel "embarrassed" by are scared too.
让你感到“尴尬”的人也会因你所追求的事业而惶恐
I was and sometimes am one of them.
我曾经是,现在有时也是,这些人中的一员
The hesitancy to pursue these things are what you'll regret.
如果在追求这些目标的时候踟蹰不前,日后一定会后悔
Do what makes you happy and I'll try to do the same.
做那些让你感到快乐的事情吧!我也会这样做!