英语巴士网

让我们成为更有爱心的人

分类: 英语诗歌 

爱思英语编者按:W.H.奥登生于一九零七年,为近代英国诗坛上最知名的诗人,曾在牛津大学读书。在云诡波谲的三十年代英国,他联袂刘易斯(Cecil Day Lewis, 1904-1972)、麦克尼斯(Louis MacNeice, 1907-1963)、史本德(Stephen Spender, 1909-1995)等人,自觉结成一个“为人生而艺术”的文学社区,在英国诗歌史上煊赫一时,领尽风骚。

Looking up at the stars, I know quite well
仰望群星的时分,我一清二楚,

That, for all they care, I can go to hell,   
尽管它们关怀备至,我亦有可能赴地府,

But on earth indifference is the least 更多信息请访问:http://www.engbus.cn/
可是尘世间我们丝毫不必畏惧

We have to dread from man or beast.
人类或禽兽的那份冷漠。

How should we like it were stars to burn
倘若群星燃烧着关怀我们的激情,

With a passion for us we could not return?
我们却无法回报,我们作何感想?

If equal affection cannot be,
倘若无法产生同样的感情,

Let the more loving one be me.
让我成为更有爱心的人。

Admirer as I think I am
尽管我自视为群星的崇拜者,

Of stars that do not give a damn,
它们满不在乎,

I cannot, now I see them ,say
现在我看群星,我却难以启齿,

I missed one terribly all day.
说我成天思念一颗星星。

Were all stars to disappear or die
倘若所有的星星消失或者消亡,

I should learn to look at an empty sky
我应该学会仰望空荡的天空,

And feel its total dark sublime,
同时感受天空一片漆黑的崇高,

Though this might take me a little time.
虽然这样可能要花费一点时间。

英语巴士网实习生fuji编辑

猜你喜欢

推荐栏目