《英语口语王》第3部分:第六章 人在职场b
第三节 工作情绪
▼上司批评
我专门让你做的,你不记得了吗? I asked you specifically. Don’t you remember?
A: I asked you specifically. Don’t you remember?
我专门让你做的,你不记得了吗?
B: I’m really sorry. I really don’t remember that.
实在对不起,我的确想不起来了。
我又被经理骂了。 The manager let me have it again.
=The manager chewed me out again.
A: The manager let me have it again. 我又被经理骂了。
B: I wonder why the manager is so hard on you.
不晓得经理为什么对你这么严格?
经理的性格是不是有问题呀? The manager has a personality problem, doesn’t he?
A: The manager has a personality problem, doesn’t he?
经理的性格是不是有问题呀?
B: Why do you get blamed? It was his mistake.
为什么要责备你?那是他自己的错!
我受不了经理的颐指气使。 I can’t stand being bossed around by the manager.
A: Why are you so upset? 你为什么这么生气呢?
B: I can’t stand being bossed around by the manager.
我受不了经理的颐指气使。
我熟练之后就会做得快一点了。 I’ll be much faster if I’m familiar with it.
◆This is all new to me. 对我来说一切都是陌生的。
A: Have you finished it? I need it in a flash.
你做完了吗?我急着要。
B: I’ll be much faster if I’m familiar with it.
我熟练之后就会做得快一点了。
我根本不想听你的借口。 I really don’t want to hear your excuses.
A: I really don’t want to hear your excuses. We’re running a busy office here.
我根本不想听你的借口。我们这儿干的就是忙事。
B: You’re right. I apologize. 您说得对。很抱歉。
你看你犯了一个多大的错误! What a big mistake you have made!
A: What a big mistake you have made!
你看你犯了一个多大的错误!
B: I’ll do it well next time. 下次我一定做好。
如果你想抽烟,你必须用休息时间。 If you want to smoke, you’ll have to use your break time.
A: If you want to smoke, you’ll have to use your break time and go outside.
如果你想抽烟,你必须用休息时间而且到外边去。
B: I understand. 我明白。
你离开办公桌已经有25分钟了。 You’ve been away from your desk for 25 minutes already.
A: I don’t mind you taking a break, but you’ve been away from your desk for 25 minutes already.
我不反对你休息,可你离开办公桌已经有25分钟了。
B: I’m sorry. I must have lost track of the time.
抱歉,我一定忘记钟点了。
你做这个项目不够努力,这令我很失望。 I’m disappointed by your lack of effort on this project.
A: I’m disappointed by your lack of effort on this project.
你做这个项目不够努力,这令我很失望。
B: I’ve put just as much work into this as anybody else.
我在这上面所投入的一点不比别人少。
我不想再听你辩解了。 I’ve had enough of your excuses.
=I don’t want to hear any excuses.
◆No more excuses! 别再辩解了!
A: It’s really quite a difficult task for me.
对我来说,这个任务真的很难。
B: I’ve had enough of your excuses. 我不想再听你辩解了。
你是怎么搞的? How do you handle it?
A: This result is not correct. How do you handle it?
这个结果不对。你是怎么搞的?
B: But I’m just following orders. 但是我是按照要求去做的。
请严格遵守时间!下不为例。Be punctual! It’s not to be repeated.
A: I’m terribly sorry I’m late. 十分抱歉,我迟到了。
B: Be punctual! It’s not to be repeated.
请严格遵守时间!下不为例。