《英语口语王》第2部分:第一章 观点态度b
如果您能参加我们的晚会,我将不胜感激。 I’d appreciate if you could attend our part.
A: I’d appreciate if you could attend our part.
如果您能参加我们的晚会,我将不胜感激。
B: Thanks for your invitation. I’ll arrive there on time.
谢谢你的邀请。我会准时到的。
您能帮我一个忙吗? Do you mind if I ask you a favor?
=May I ask a favor of you?
=Would you please do me a favor?
您能帮我把它打印出来吗? Would you please help me type it?
A: Would you please help me type it?
您能帮我把它打印出来吗?
B: My pleasure. 很乐意。
能麻烦您关一下门吗? Could I trouble you to shut the door?
=Would you mind shutting the door?
能把笔记本递给我吗? Will you pass me the notebook, please?
=Can you hand me the notebook, please?
=May I have the notebook, please?
我可以走开了吗? Could I be excused?
A: Could I be excused? 我可以走开了吗?
B: Wait for a moment. I have something to talk with you.
等一下。我有事跟你说。
我想知道你是否能帮我邮寄点东西。 I wonder if you could post something for me.
A: I wonder if you could go to the post office for me.
帮我邮寄点东西好吗?
B: I’m afraid I can’t today. What about tomorrow?
恐怕今天不行,明天怎么样?
我可以带点东西去吗? Can I bring something?
=Can I bring anything?
◆Do I need to bring anything? 我要带什么东西去吗?
能耽误你几分钟吗? Do you have time?
=Do you have a minute?
我把收音机关掉你不反对吧? Would you object if I turn off the radio?
A: Would you object if I turn off the radio?
我把收音机关掉你不反对吧?
B: No. It’s noisy, isn’t it? 不反对。噪音挺大的。
请再说一遍好吗?I beg your pardon?
◆Pardon, please. 请再说一遍。
我想知道您是否能帮我搬一下桌子。 I wonder if you could move the desk for me.
=Would you be so kind as to move the desk for me?
不知您是否介意我弹钢琴? I wonder if you’d mind my playing the piano.
A: I wonder if you’d mind my playing the piano.
不知您是否介意我弹钢琴?
B: Oh, no. Go ahead please.
哦,不。你弹吧。
您能从心里原谅我吗? Can you find it in your heart to forgive me?
◆I beg your forgiveness. 我恳求您宽恕我。
我可以请教您一下吗? May I ask you something?
=Could you answer my question, please?
我们谈一会儿吧。 Let’s have a little talk.
A: Let’s have a little talk. 我们谈一会儿吧。
B: What is it? 谈什么?
能借用一下电话吗? May I use your phone?
A: May I use your phone? 能借用一下电话吗?
B: Sure. Go ahead. 可以,请用。