牛津实用英语语法 193 现在完成进行时进一步举例
A:I haven’t seen your brother lately.Has be gone away?
甲:我近来一直没有见到过你的兄弟。他是不是到别的地方去了?
B:Yes,he’s/he has been sent to America.
乙:是的,他被派到美国去了。
A:When did he go?
甲:他什么时候走的?
B:He went last month.
乙:他是上个月走的。
A:Have you had any letters from him?
甲:你收到他的来信了吗?
B:I haven’t,but his wife has been hearing from him regularly.
乙:我没有收到,但他的妻子常收到他的来信。
A:Does she intend to go out and join him?
甲:她想出去跟他团聚吗?
B:They’ve been thinking about it but haven’t quite decided yet.Unfortu-nately they’ve had a lot of expense lately and perhaps haven’t got themoney for her fare.
乙:他们正在考虑这件事,可还没有最后决定。但是不巧得很,最近他们开销很大,也许没有钱给她买票。
Tom:What have you done with my knife?
汤姆:你怎么动我的小刀了?(你把我的小刀放在哪里了?)
Ann:I put it back in your drawer.
安:我把它放回你的抽屉里了。
Tom(taking it out):But what have you been doing with it?The blade’s alltwisted!Have you been using it to open tins?
汤姆(拿出小刀):可你用这刀子干什么来着?刃都卷了!你用它开罐头了吧?
A:Do you see those people on that little sandy island?They’ve been wav-ing handkerchiefs for the last half hour.I wonder why.
甲:你看见小沙洲上的那些人了吗?半小时了,他们一直挥舞着手绢。我不知是怎么回事。
B:They need help.The tide’s coming in and very soon that little islandwill be under water.Have you been sitting here calmly and doing noth-ing to help them?
乙:他们需要救援。潮水正在上涨,不一会儿那小岛就要被淹没。你难道一直在这里无动于衷地坐视不救吗?
A:I’ve never been here before.I didn’t know about the tides.
甲:我以前从来没来过这里。我不了解潮水的情况。