牛津实用英语语法 319以 will you?/would you?/could you?
这些问句可能是一般问句,但也可能表示请求、邀请。偶然也可表示命令(参见第284节、第286节与第320节):
He said,‘Will you be there tomorrow?’
他说:“你明天在那里吗?”(一般问句)相当于:
He asked if she would be there the next day.
他问她第二天是否在那里。
‘Will you stand still!’he shouted.
他大喊:“站住,别动行不行!”相当于:
He shouted at me to stand still./He told/ordered me to stand still.
他对我大喊,要我别动。/他要/命令我站着别动。
‘Would you like to live in New York?’he asked.
他说:“你愿意住在纽约吗?”相当于:
He asked if I would like to live in New York.
他问我是否愿意住在纽约。
‘Will/Would you file these letters,please?’he said.
他说:“请把这些信件存档好吗?”相当于:
He asked/told me to file the letters.
他让/告诉我把这些信件存档。
‘Would you like a lift?’said Ann.
安说:“你想搭便车吗?”相当于:
Ann offered me a lift.
安邀请我搭便车。
‘Would you like to come round/Could you come round for a drink?’he said.
他说:“到我家来喝点酒好吗?”相当于:
He invited me(to come)round for a drink.
他邀请我去他家喝点酒。
‘Could you live on£25 a week?’he asked
他问:“一星期25英镑你够维持生活吗?”相当于:
He asked if I could live on £25 a week.
他问我一星期25英镑是否够维持生活。
‘Could/Would you give me a hand?’she said.
她说:“请帮我一下好吗?”相当于:
She asked us to give her a hand.
她请我们帮她一下。
‘Could/Would you show me the photos?’she said.
她说:“你能给我看看照片吗?”相当于:
She asked me to show her the photos./She asked to see the photos.
她问我能否给她看看照片。
(关于can/could/may/might+I/we?参见第283节。关于征求意见参见第131节。)