英语巴士网

实用英语口语:你被炒鱿鱼了

分类: 英语口语 
 Herbert:  It's not that she's not worth it, it's the 1) situation.

赫伯特: 不是她不值得,是现实的情况。

Don:   What's situation?

唐:什么情况?

Herbert:  It has to do with my job.

赫伯特: 这跟我的工作有关。

Don:   You've lost your job?

唐:你被炒鱿鱼了?

Herbert:  No, just the 2) opposite.

赫伯特: 不是,恰好相反。

Don:   You got a 3) promotion?

唐:你升官啦?

Herbert:   Yes. But it's in Hsinchu……far, far away from Rose.

赫伯特:   对。但我会被调去新竹……离柔丝好远好远。

语言详解

A: Did the boss promote you?

老板有提升你吗?

B: Quite the opposite. He fired me.

刚好相反,他炒我鱿鱼

「Just the opposite.   正好相反」

当别人说的话,跟实际状况完全相反的时候,这句话正可派上用场。

A:Are you sick of eating at home? Do you want to go out, honey?

老是在家吃你会不会腻?要不要出去吃啊,亲爱的?

B:Just the opposite. I want to stay in and have a romantic dinner with my lovely wife.

才不腻呢。我正想待在家里跟爱妻来顿浪漫的晚餐。

1) situation  (n.) 情况,局面

2) opposite  (a.) 相反的

3) promotion (n.) 升迁

猜你喜欢

推荐栏目