英语巴士网

商务礼节场景再现

分类: 外贸英语 

关于商务礼节,我们此前已经说了很多。这一次就让我们来看两个小对话,看看职员们是怎样谈论商务礼节的吧!

(1)

Michael: What are you doing for lunch today Billy?

迈克尔:今天午餐你吃什么,比利?

Billy: I was going to have a desk-lunch.

比利:我准备吃办公桌午餐。

Michael: I didn't realize that you were so busy these days.

迈克尔:我不知道这些天你这么忙。

Billy: I want to catch up on some journal reading.

比利:我要赶着读一些杂志。

Michael: Well, I was going to ask you to do me a favor.

迈克尔:唔,我正要问你帮一个忙。

Billy: Sure buddy! Anything for a close colleague!

比利:没问题,哥们!愿为亲密的同事两肋插刀!

Michael: I have to take a client to a business lunch and was wondering if you would come along to help me.

迈克尔:我得带一个客户去吃工作午餐,正想你想不想来帮我。

Billy: That sounds just perfect! You know that I am a great salesman.

比利:这太棒了!你知道我是一个很棒的推销员。

Michael: That's why I am asking you.

迈克尔:这就是为什么我要问你的原因。

Billy: Let me grab my jacket and we can go!

比利:让我拿上我的夹克,我们就可以走了!

(2)

Jeff: How do you think the dinner with the client went last night?

杰夫:你觉得昨晚和客户吃的晚餐怎么样?

Joan: I think that it was successful. I am expecting a call today from the Chief Executive to tell me that we won his business.

琼:我觉得很成功。今天我在等首席执行给我打电话,告诉我我们赢了这单生意。

Jeff: Can I say something frank about the dinner?

杰夫:我可以就晚餐说一些坦白的话吗?

Joan: Sure, Jeff. You know that I prefer direct talk.

琼:当然了,杰夫。你知道我更喜欢直截了当。

Jeff: I was really surprised by the Chief Executive's table manners.

杰夫:首席执行的饭桌礼仪真让我大吃一惊。

Joan: To be honest Jeff, so was I.

琼:老实说,杰夫。我也是。

Jeff: It goes to show that just because someone is rich and successful, doesn't make them perfect.

杰夫:这说明某人富有或者成功并不能让他们变得完美无缺。

Joan: I'd rather have good table manners than all the riches in the world!

琼:我宁愿要有好的饭桌礼仪,而不要世界上的所有财富!

Notes:

1) Desk-lunch: eating lunch at your desk so you can keep working

办公桌午餐:在办公桌上吃午饭,这样你就可以继续工作

Desk-lunches are OK sometimes, but it's not good for your health to do it everyday.

偶尔吃一吃办公桌午餐是可以的,不过每天都这么吃就会对你的健康不利。

2) Journal: serious magazines that are usually industry specific

定期刊物,杂志:严肃的杂志,通常具体到某个领域

Each month I receive marketing journals full of the latest trends and information about the world of sales.

每月我都收到市场期刊,里面全是有关世界销售的最近走向与信息。

3) Client: a customer of a service company

客户:服务公司的消费者

Generally speaking, customers buy goods while clients buy services.

通常来说,消费者买物品而客户买服务。

猜你喜欢

推荐栏目