泰戈尔《飞鸟集》之十五
211
神的右手是慈爱的,但是他的左手却可怕。
God's right hand is gentle, but terrible is his left hand.
212
我的夜色从陌生的树木中走来,它用我的晓星所不懂得的语言说话。
My evening came among the alien trees and spoke in a language which my morning stars did not know.
213
夜之黑暗是一只口袋,迸出黎明的金光。
Night's darkness is a bag that bursts with the gold of the dawn.
214
我们的欲望把彩虹的颜色借给那只不过是云雾的人生。
Our desire lends the colours of the rainbow to the mere mists and vapours of life.
215
神等待着,要从人的手上把他自己的花朵作为礼物赢得回去。
God waits to win back his own flowers as gifts from man's hands.
216
我的忧思缠绕着我,要问我它自己的名字。
My sad thoughts tease me asking me their own names.
217
果的事业是尊贵的,花的事业是甜美的;
但是让我做叶的事业吧,叶是谦逊地、专心地垂着绿荫的。
The service of the fruit is precious, the service of the flower is sweet, but let my service be the service of the leaves in its shade of humble devotion.
218
我的心向着阑珊的风张了帆,要到无论何处的荫凉之岛去。
My heart has spread its sails to the idle winds for the shadowy island of Anywhere.
219
大众是残酷的,但个人是善良的。
Men are cruel, but Man is kind.
220
把我当做你的杯吧,让我为了你,为了你的一切而盛满水吧。
Make me thy cup and let my fulness be for thee and for thine.