英语巴士网

泰戈尔《园丁集》英汉对照11

分类: 英语诗歌 

 67

Though the evening comes with slow steps and has signalled for all songs to cease;

虽然夜晚缓步走来,让一切歌声停歇;

Though your companions have gone to their rest and you are tired;

虽然我的伙伴都去休息而你也倦乏了;

Though fear broods in the dark and the face of the sky is veiled;

虽然恐怖在黑暗中弥漫,天空的险也被面纱遮起;

Yet, bird, O my bird, listen to me, do not close your wings.

但是,鸟儿,我的鸟儿,听我的话,不要垂翅吧。

That is not the gloom of the leaves of the forest, that is the sea swelling like a dark black snake.

这不是林中树叶的阴影,这是大海涨溢,像一条深黑的龙蛇。

That is not the dance of the flowering jasmine, that is flashing foam.

这不是盛开的茉莉花的跳舞,这是闪光的水沫。

Ah, where is the sunny green shore, where is your nest?

呵,何处是阳光下的绿岸,何处是你的窝巢?

Bird, O my bird, listen to me, do not close your wings.

鸟儿,呵,我的鸟儿,听我的话,不要垂翅吧。

The lone night lies along your path, the dawn sleeps behind the shadowy hills.

长夜躺在你的路边,黎明在朦胧的山后睡眠。

The stars hold their breath counting the hours, the feeble moon swims the deep night.

星辰屏息地数着时间,柔弱的月儿在夜中浮泛。

Bird, O my bird, listen to me, do not close your wings.

鸟儿,呵,我的鸟儿,听我的话,不要垂翅吧。

There is no hope, no fear for you.

对于你,这里没有希望,没有恐怖。

There is no word, no whisper, no cry.

这里没有消息,没有低语,没有呼唤。

There is no home, no bed of rest.

这里没有家,没有休息的床。

There is only your own pair of wings and the pathless sky.

这里只有你自己的一双翅翼和无路的天空。

Bird, O my bird, listen to me, do not close your wings.

鸟儿,呵,我的鸟儿,听我的话,不要垂翅吧。

68

None lives for ever, brother, and nothing lasts for long. Keep that in mind and rejoice.

没有人永远活着,兄弟,没有东西可以经久。把这紧记在心及时行乐吧。

Our life is not the one old burden, our path is not the one long journey.

我们的生命不是那个旧的负担,我们的道路不是那条长的旅程。

One sole poet has not to sing one aged song.

一个单独的诗人,不必去唱一支旧歌。

The flower fades and dies; but he who wears the flower has not to mourn for it for ever.

花儿萎谢;但是戴花的人不必永远悲伤。

Brother, keep that in mind and rejoice.

弟兄,把这个紧记在心及时行乐吧。

There must come a full pause to weave perfection into music.

必须有一段完全的停歇,好把"圆满"编进音乐。

Life droops toward its sunset to be drowned in the golden shadows.

生命向它的黄昏下落,为了沉浸于金影之中。

Love must be called from its play to drink sorrow and be borne to the heaven of tears.

必须从游戏中把"爱"招回,去饮忧伤之酒,再去生于泪天。

Brother, keep that in mind and rejoice.

弟兄,把这紧记在心及时行乐吧。

We hasten to gather our flowers lest they are plundered by the passing winds.

我们忙去采花,怕被过路的风偷走。

It quickens our blood and brightens our eyes to snatch kisses that would vanish if we delayed.

去夺取稍纵即逝的接吻,使我们血液奔流双目发光。

Our life is eager, our desires are keen, for time tolls the bell of parting.

我们的生命是热切的,愿望是强烈的,因为时间在敲着离别之钟。

Brother, keep that in mind and rejoice.

弟兄,把这紧记在心及时行乐吧。

There is not time for us to clasp a thing and crush it and fling it away to the dust.

我们没有时间去把握一件事物,揉碎它又把它丢在地上。

The hours trip rapidly away, hiding their dreams in their skirts.

时间急速地走过,把梦幻藏在裙底。

Our life is short; it yields but a few days for love.

我们的生命是短促的,只有几天恋爱的工夫。

Were it for work and drudgery it would be endlessly long.

若是为工作和劳役,生命就变得无尽的漫长。

Brother, keep that in mind and rejoice.

弟兄,把这紧记在心及时行乐吧。

Beauty is sweet to us, because she dances to the same fleeting tune with our lives.

美对我们是甜柔的,因为她和我们生命的快速调子应节舞蹈。

Knowledge is precious to us, because we shall never have time to complete it.

知识对我们是宝贵的,因为我们永不会有时间去完成它。

All is done and finished in the eternal Heaven.

一切都在永生的天上做完。

But earth's flowers of illusion are kept eternally fresh by death.

但是大地的幻象的花朵,却被死亡保持得永远新鲜。

Brother, keep that in mind and rejoice.

弟兄,把这紧记在心及时行乐吧。

69

I hunt for the golden stag.

我要追逐金鹿。

You may smile, my friends, but I pursue the vision that eludes me.

你也许会讪笑,我的朋友,但是我追求那逃避我的幻象。

I run across hills and dales, I wander through nameless lands, because I am hunting for the golden stag.

我翻山越谷,我游遍许多无名的土地,因为我要追逐金鹿。

You come and buy in the market and go back to your homes laden with goods, but the spell of the homeless winds has touched me I know not when and where.

你到市场采买,满载着回家,但不知从何时何地一阵无家之风吹到我身上。

I have no care in my heart; all my belongings I have left far behind me.

我心中无牵无挂;我把一切所有都撇在后面。

I run across hills and dales, I wander through nameless lands——because I am hunting for the golden stag.

我翻山越谷,我游遍许多无名的土地——因为我在追逐金鹿。

70

I remember a day in my childhood I floated a paper boat in the ditch.

我记得在童年时代,有一天我在水沟里漂一只纸船。

It was a wet of July; I was alone and happy over my play.

那是七月的一个阴湿的天,我独自快乐地嬉戏。

I floated my paper boat in the ditch.

我在沟里漂一只纸船。

Suddenly the storm clouds thickened, winds came in gusts, and rain poured in torrents.

忽然间阴云密布,狂风怒号,大雨倾注。

Rills of muddy water rushed and swelled the stream and sunk my boat.

浑水像小河般流溢,把我的船冲没了。

Bitterly I thought in my mind that the storm came on purpose to spoil my happiness; all its malice was against me.

我心里难过地想:这风暴是故意来破坏我的快乐的,它的一切恶意都是对着我的。

The cloudy July day is long today, and I have been musing over all those games in life wherein I was loser.

今天,七月的阴天是漫长的,我在默忆我生命中以我为失败者的一切游戏。

I was blaming my fate for the many tricks it played on me, when suddenly I remembered the paper boat that sank in the ditch.

我抱怨命运,因为它屡次戏弄了我,当我忽然忆起我的沉在沟里的纸船的时候。

71

The day is not yet alone, the fair is not over, the fair on the river-bank.

白日未尽,河岸上的市集未散。

I had feared that my time had been squandered and my last penny lost.

我只恐我的时间浪掷了,我的最后一文钱也丢掉了。

But no, my brother, I have still something left. My fate has not cheated me of everything.

但是,没有,我的兄弟,我还有些剩余。命运并没有把我的一切都骗走。

The selling and buying are over.

买卖做完了。

All the dues on both sides have been gathered in, and it is time for me to go home.

两边的手续费都收过了,该是我回家的时候了。

But, gatekeeper, do you ask for your toll?

但是,看门的,你要你的辛苦钱么?

Do not fear, I have still something left. My fate has not cheated me of everything.

别怕,我还有点剩余。命运并没有把我的一切都骗走。

The lull in the wind threatens storm, and the lowering clouds in the west bode no good.

风声宣布着风暴的威胁,西方低垂的云影预报着恶兆。

The hushed water waits for the wind.

静默的河水在等候着狂风。

I hurry to cross the river before the night overtakes me.

我怕被黑夜赶上,急忙过河。

O ferryman, you want your fee!

呵,船夫,你要收费!

Yes, brother, I have still something left. My fate has not cheated me of everything.

是的,兄弟,我还有些剩余。命运并没有把我的一切都骗走。

In the wayside under the tree sits the beggar. Alas, he looks at my face with a timid hope!

路边树下坐着一个乞丐。可怜呵,他含着羞怯的希望看着我的脸!

He thinks I am rich with the day's profit.

他以为我富足地携带着一天的利润。

Yes, brother, I have still something left. My fate has not cheated me for everything.

是的,兄弟,我还有点剩余。命运并没有把我的一切都骗走。

The night grows dark and the road lonely. Fireflies gleam among the leaves.

夜色愈深,路上静寂。萤火在草间闪烁。

Who are you that follow me with stealthy silent steps?

谁以悄悄的蹑步在跟着我?

Ah, I know, it is your desire to rob me of all my gains. I will not disappoint you!

呵,我知道,你想掠夺我的一切获得。我必不使你失望!

For I still have something left, and my fate has not cheated me of everything.

因为我还有些剩余。命运并没有把我的一切都骗走。

At midnight I reach home. My hands are empty.

夜半到家。我两手空空。

You are waiting with anxious eyes at my door, sleepless and silent.

你带着切望的眼睛,在门前等我,无眠而静默。

Like a timorous bird you fly to my breast with eager love.

像一只羞怯的鸟,你满怀热爱地飞到我胸前。

Ay, ay, my God, much remains still. My fate has not cheated me of everything.

叹,哎,我的神,我还有许多剩余。命运并没有把我的一切都骗走。

猜你喜欢

推荐栏目