泰戈尔《园丁集》英汉对照3
11
Come as you are; do not loiter over your toilet.
你就这样地来吧;不要在梳妆上挨延了。
If your braided hair has loosened, if the parting of your hair be not straight, if the ribbons of your bodice be not fastened, do not mind.
即使你的辫发松散,即使你的发缝没有分直,即使你衷衣的丝带没有系好,都不要管它。
Come as you are; do not loiter over your toilet.
你就这样地来吧;不要在梳妆上挨延了。
Come, with quick steps over the grass.
来吧,用快步踏过草坪。
If the raddle come from your feet because of the dew, if the rings of bells upon your feet slacken, if pearls drop out of your chain, do not mind.
即使露水沾掉了你脚上的红粉,即使你踝上的铃串褪松,即使你链上的珠儿脱落,都不要管它。
Come with quick steps over the grass.
来吧,用快步踏过草坪。
Do you see the clouds wrapping the sky?
你没看见云雾遮住天空么?
Flocks of cranes fly up from the further river-bank and fitful guests of wind rush over the heath.
鹤群从远远的河岸飞起,狂风吹过常青的灌木。
The anxious cattle run to their stalls in the village.
惊牛奔向村里的栅棚。
Do you see the clouds wrapping the sky?
你没看见云雾遮住天空么?
In vain you light your toilet lamp——it flickers and goes out in the wind.
你徒然点上晚妆的灯火——它颤摇着在风中熄灭了。
Who can know that your eyelids have not been touched with lampblack? For your eyes are darker than rain-clouds.
谁能看出你眼睫上没有涂上乌烟?因为你的眼睛比雨云还黑。
In vain you light your toilet lamp——it goes out.
你徒然点上晚妆的灯火——它熄灭了。
Come as you are; do not loiter over your toilet.
你就这样地来吧,不要在梳妆上挨延了。
If the wreath is not woven, who cares; if the wrist-chain has not been linked, let it be.
即使花环没有穿好,谁管它呢;即使手镯没有扣上,让它去吧。
The sky is overcast with clouds——it is late.
天空被阴云塞满了——时间已晚。
Come as you are; do not loiter over your toilet.
你就这样地来吧;不要在梳妆上挨延了。
12
If you would be busy and fill your pitcher, come, O come to my lake.
若是你要忙着把水瓶灌满,来吧,到我的湖上来吧。
The water will cling round your feet and babble its secret.
湖水将回绕在你的脚边,潺潺地说出它的秘密。
The shadow of the coming rain is on the sands, and the clouds hang low upon the blue lines of the trees like the heavy hair above your eyebrows.
沙滩上有了欲来的雨云的阴影,云雾低垂在丛树的绿线上,像你眉上的浓发。
I know well the rhythm of your steps, they are beating in my heart.
我深深地熟悉你脚步的韵律,它在我心中敲击。
Come, O come to my lake, if you must fill your pitcher.
来吧,到我的湖上来吧,如果你必须把水瓶灌满。
If you would be idle and sit listless and let your pitcher float on the water, come, O come to my lake.
如果你想懒散闲坐,让你的水瓶飘浮在水面,来吧,到我的湖上来吧。
The grassy slope is green, and the wild flowers beyond number.
草坡碧绿,野花多得数不清。
Your thoughts will stray out of your dark eyes like birds from their nests.
你的思想将从你乌黑的眼眸中飞出,像鸟儿飞出窝巢。
Your veil will drop to your feet.
你的披纱将褪落到脚上。
Come, O come to my lake if you must sit idle.
来吧,如果你要闲坐,到我的湖上来吧。
If you would leave off your play and dive in the water, come, O come to my lake.
如果你想撇下嬉游跳进水里,来吧,到我的湖上来吧。
Let your blue mantle lie on the shore; the blue water will cover you and hide you.
把你的蔚蓝的丝布留在岸上;蔚蓝的水将没过你,盖住你。
The waves will stand a-tiptoe to kiss your neck and whisper in your ears.
水波将蹑足来吻你的颈项,在你耳边低语。
Come, O come to my lake, if you would dive in the water.
来吧,如果你想跳进水里,到我的湖上来吧。
If you must be mad and leap to your death, come, O come to my lake.
如果你想发狂而投入死亡,来吧,到我的湖上来吧。
It is cool and fathomlessly deep.
它是清凉的,深到无底。
It is dark like a sleep that is dreamless.
它沉黑得像无梦的睡眠。
There in its depths nights and days are one, and songs are silence.
在它的深处黑夜就是白天,歌曲就是静默。
Come, O come to my lake, if you would plunge to your death.
来吧,如果你想投入死亡,到我的湖上来吧。
13
I asked nothing, only stood at the edge of the wood behind the tree.
我一无所求,只站在林边树后。
Languor was still upon the eyes of the dawn, and the dew in the air.
倦意还逗留在黎明的眼上,露润在空气里。
The lazy smell of the damp grass hung in the thin mist above the earth.
湿草的懒味悬垂在地面的薄雾中。
Under the banyan tree you were milking the cow with your hands, tender and fresh as butter.
在榕树下你用乳油般柔嫩的手挤着牛奶。
And I was standing still.
我沉静地站立着。
I did not say a word. It was the bird that sang unseen from the thicket.
我没有说出一个字。那是藏起的鸟儿在密叶中歌唱。
The mango tree was shedding its flowers upon the village road, and the bees came humming one by one.
芒果树在树径上撒着繁花,蜜蜂一只一只地嗡嗡飞来。
On the side of the pond the gate of Shiva's temple was open and the worshipper had begun his chants.
池塘边湿婆天的庙门开了,朝拜者开始诵经。
With the vessel on your lap you were milking the cow.
你把罐儿放在膝上挤着牛奶。
I stood with my empty can.
我提着空桶站立着。
I did not come near you.
我没有走近你。
The sky woke with the sound of the gong at the temple.
天空和庙里的锣声一同醒起。
The dust was raised in the road from the hoofs of the driven cattle.
街尘在驱走的牛蹄下飞扬。
With the gurgling pitchers at their hips, women came from the river.
把汩汩发响的水瓶搂在腰上,女人们从河边走来。
Your bracelets were jingling, and foam brimming over the jar.
你的钏镯丁当,乳沫溢出罐沿。
The morning wore on and I did not come near you.
晨光渐逝而我没有步近你。
14
I was walking by the road, I do not know why, when the noonday was past and bamboo branches rustled in the wind.
我在路边行走,也不知道为什么,时已过午,竹枝在风中簌簌作响。
The prone shadows with their outstretched arms clung to the feet of the hurrying light.
横斜的影子伸臂拖住流光的双足。
The koels were weary of their songs.
布谷鸟都唱倦了。
I was walking by the road, I do not know why.
我在路边行走,也不知道为什么。
The hut by the side of the water is shaded by an overhanging tree.
低垂的树荫盖住水边的茅屋。
Some one was busy with her work, and her bangles made music in the corner.
有人正忙着工作,她的钏镯在一角放出音乐。
I stood before this hut, I know not why.
我在茅屋前面站着,我不知道为什么。
The narrow winding road crosses many a mustard field, and many a mango forest.
曲径穿过一片芥菜田地和几层芒果树林。
It passes by the temple of the village and the market at the river landing place.
它经过村庙和渡头的市集。
I stopped by this but, I do not know why.
我在这茅屋面前停住了,我不知道为什么。
Years age it was a day of breezy March when the murmur if the spring was languorous, and mango blossoms were dropping on the dust.
好几年前,三月风吹的一天,春天倦慵地低语,芒果花落在地上。
The rippling water leapt and licked the brass vessel that stood on the landing step.
浪花跳起掠过立在渡头阶沿上的铜瓶。
I think of that day of breezy March, I do not know why.
我想着三月风吹的这一天,我不知道为什么。
Shadows are deepening and cattle returning to their folds.
阴影更深,牛群归栏。
The light is grey upon the lonely meadows, and the village are waiting for the ferry at the bank.
冷落的牧场上日色苍白,村人在河边待渡。
I slowly return upon my steps, I do not know why.
我缓步回去,我不知道为什么。
15
I run as a musk-deer runs in the shadow of the forest mad with his own perfume.
我像麝鹿一样在林荫中奔走,为着自己的香气而发狂。
The night is the night of mid-May, the breeze is the breeze of the south.
夜晚是五月正中的夜晚,清风是南国的清风。
I lose my way and I wander, I seek what I cannot get, I get what I do not seek.
我迷了路,我游荡着,我寻求那得不到的东西,我得到我所没有寻求的东西。
From my heart comes out and dances the image of my own desire.
我自己的愿望的形象从我心中走出,跳起舞来。
The gleaming vision flits on.
这闪光的形象飞掠过去。
I try to clasp it firmly, it eludes me and leads me astray.
我想把它紧紧捉住,它躲开了又引着我飞走下去。
I seek what I cannot get, I get what I do not seek.
我寻求那得不到的东西,我得到我所没有寻求的东西。