英语美文:我期待自己变老
I choose the thoughts that make me feel comfortable with growing older.
我选择能让自己坦然面对衰老的想法。
I am the perfect age.
我正值最佳年龄。
Each year is special and precious and filled with wonders all its own.
人生当中的每一年都是特别而珍贵的,且充满新奇。
Being elderly is as special as being a child.
成为老人和成为孩子一样都是一段特殊的经历。
Yet, my culture fears old age so much.
然而,我所身处的文化对于变老却非常恐惧。
We’ve made it such a terrible, terrible thing to get old.
人们认为变老是一件非常非常可怕的事情。
And yet it’s normal and natural.
然而这是正常而自然的现象。
We’ve created a youth-worship culture that is harmful to us all.
我们建立了一种“青春崇拜”的文化,这让我们所有人都深受其害。
I look forward to growing older.
我期待自己变老。
The alternative is to leave the planet.
代价是要离开这个世界。
I choose to love myself at every age.
我选择去爱每一岁的自己。
Just because I am older it does not mean I have to get sick and infirm.
虽然变老了,但这不意味着我一定会生病或变得虚弱。
I do not have to be hooked up to machines or suffer in nursing homes in order to leave the planet.
当我离开这个世间时,我也并不一定非要在身上插满各种管子或待在养老院里挨日子。
When it’s my time to go, I’ll do it gently-perhaps go to bed, take a nap, and leave peacefully.
到了我该告别的时候,我会温柔地完成这件事情-----也许我会走到床边躺下,打个盹,然后平静地离开。