英语巴士网

别买你用不起的东西

分类: 英语美文 

I saw a lady in the subway station today.
今天,我在地铁站看到一位女士。

She was quarreling with the security guard, because she was not willing to put her handbag into the security inspector.
她正在和保安争吵着,因为她不想把她的包包放进安检机。

"It's expensive!" she shouted, "The machine's gonna scratch it!"
“这很贵的!”她喊叫到,“机器会把它刮花的”

I noticed the logo on that handbag when I passed by.
当我从她身边经过的时候,我注意到了包上的logo。

别买你用不起的东西

Yeah, it was of a luxury brand and looked quite new.
嗯,的确是一个奢侈品品牌,而且包包看起来很新。

And judging from the lady's reaction, I guess it's authentic.
而从这位女士的反映来看,这包应该是正品。

But if you check out the lady's other items and her behavior, it not so difficult to see that her income may not be very high.
不过,再看看她身上的其他东西,以及她的举止,不难看出她的收入应该不是特别高。

So it's highly probable that the handbag really cost her a fortune, maybe the money she saved from her every meal.
所以,这个包对她来说很可能是一笔很大的开销,可能是她从每顿饭中省下来的钱。

And apparently it was also costing her this precious commuting time and at the same time her good mood.
而且显然,这个包不光花了她的钱,还在消耗她宝贵的通勤时间以及她的好心情。

"Sad." I thought.
“悲哀呀。”我当时想。

My mother once told me: "Never buy anything that you can't really afford to use."
我妈妈曾经对我说:“永远不要买你用不起的东西。”

It's not only about money. It's about everything that you give up for it.
这不光是关于钱,而是关于你为这件东西付出的一切。

I'm totally happy with my handbag that I bought online. It's not expensive. It's not of any luxury brand. But it's of great quality and designed in just the way I like it.
我本人就觉得自己在网上买的这个包挺好的。它不是名牌,但质量很好,而且正是我喜欢的设计。

That's enough.
这就够了。

When you buy things to use, you own the things.
当你买东西来用的时候,你就拥有了这件东西。

When you buy things to worship, they own you.
而当你买东西来崇拜时,是这件东西拥有了你。

And I don't want to pay to be a slave.
而我,并不想花钱去成为一个奴隶。

猜你喜欢

推荐栏目