疯狂英语拿手好戏八:工作 人的生命活力之源
1. What do you do for a living? (你以什么为生?)
2. I'm with the Bank of China.
3. What position do you hold? (你的职位是什么?)
4. I'm in charge of the sales department.
5. I'm tired of working all day. (我厌倦整天工作。)
6. I'm off today. (我今天休假。)
7. I have two days off a week. (我一星期休息两天。)
8. What kind of job do you have?
9. What's your occupation? (你的职业是什么?)
10. What business are you in? (你从事哪一行?)
11. What do you do, if I may ask? /Whom do you work for?
12. What's your position in the company?
13. Is he still with IBM? (他还在IBM工作吗?)
14. I moonlight as a reporter. (我兼职当记者。)
15. The professor runs a restaurant on the side〖副业〗.
16. I work part time〖兼职〗at the gas station.
17. I'm unemployed out of a job〖失业〗at the moment.
18. Stone has been out of work for three months.
19. What's the starting salary in your company?
20. He has a white-collar job〖白领工作〗.
21. He is a salesman or something. (推销员之类的人。)
22. Do you have any openings〖空缺〗for a typist?
23. That's a pretty good salary. (那待遇很好。)
24. He has the advantage of a good education. (他有受良好教育的优势。)
25. Could you work in her place? (你能代替她吗?)
26. She was hired on the spot〖当场〗by the company.
27. I'm looking for somebody fit for the work.
28. We need a man who knows the ropes〖内行〗.
29. He jumps from one job to another. (他经常换工作。)
30. What's your new job like? (你的新工作是什么性质?)
31. He is equal to the task. (他能胜任这个工作。)
32. He is a leader in his field. (他是他行业的领导者。)
33. That's just what you are cut out for〖正是你适合〗.
34. He is new at the work /green to the work. (没经验)
35. I'm fresh out of college. (我刚从大学毕业。)
36. He is not up to the job. (他不能胜任这个工作。)
37. It's his first venture into business〖投身商界〗.
38. It's well worth the time. (很值得花时间。)
39. He jumped at the offer. (他欣然接受这个工作机会。)
40. I know all the ins and outs〖详情〗of the business.
41. Let's share the money fifty-fifty〖平分〗.
42. His restaurant is a real moneymaker〖非常赚钱〗.
43. He's on his way up. (他的事业蒸蒸日上。)
44. His concert brought the house down〖博得满堂喝彩〗.
45. He did everything within his power to achieve the goal. (他竭尽全力去接近目标。)
46. It took years of hard work. (那需要多年辛苦工作。)
47. The work is in full swing. (工作正在全力进行。)
48. The times have been very bad. (时机一直很坏。)
49. We are in the red. (我们有亏损/赤字。)
50. The company went broke. (这家公司破产了。)
51. I visited Japan on an observation tour of its industries. (我到日本观摩它的工业。)
52. I have to feed a family of five〖养活五口之家〗.
53. I've got to keep my nose to the grindstone〖拼命工作;不停地孜孜不倦地工作〗to support my family.
54. Two of trades seldom agree. (同行是冤家。)
55. There is no hope of success.
56. There was no way he could solve the problem.
57. He is in trouble all the time. (他总是有麻烦。)
58. He's gone out of business. (他失业了。)
59. He makes a good living. (他过得很优裕。)
60. The game is not worth the candle. (这事不值得做。)
61. He has money to burn. (他钱多得象水一样。)
62. His yearly salary is in seven digits〖年薪七位数〗.
63. He is as poor as a church mouse〖一贫如洗〗.
64. They live from hand to mouth〖只能糊口的生活〗.
65. Let's get the ball rolling. (让我们开始吧。)
66. Right now my hands are full /tied〖忙得不可开交〗.
67. Nice to have you with us. I'm happy to work with you. I hope you will like it here.
68. I've got a lot of work /a million things to do.
69. I'm behind in my work. (我的工作进度落后。)
70. He is working like a horse. (他努力工作。)
71. I'm so busy that I don't get around to it. (我忙得找不出时间去做它。)
72. I must meet the deadline. (我必须赶得上最后期限。)
73. Do I have to get it done by noon〖午前做完〗?
74. I want to get my work finished by tomorrow.
75. He is in conference〖开会〗right now.
76. I'll get through〖做完〗this work by noon.
77. This situation permits of no delay〖不许拖延〗.
78. What makes you work so hard? (为什么你这样卖命?)
79. It's shaping up. (进展顺利。)
80. We have to talk the matter over〖讨论〗now.
81. The work is not as difficult as you think.
82. I'm beginning to see〖开始明白〗what you mean.
83. That's where our difficulty lies〖困难所在〗.
84. Did it work? (行得通吗?)
85. Her guess turned out to be true〖结果成为事实〗.
86. Typing is easy once you get the hang of it. (一旦你掌握/懂得/知道诀窍,打字就很简单。)
87. Are you through with your work? (工作做完了吗?)
88. I should stick to my work schedule〖坚守工作进度〗.
89. How is he making out〖进展〗in his job now?
90. I'll see what I can do about it. (我会尽力而为。)
91. I will get his to accept the offer〖使他接受提议〗.
92. He patted me on the back for the deal made yesterday. (他对我昨天所做的交易表示满意。)
93. He is good at getting a point across to people. (他善于让人信服他的观点。)
94. What are you working on? (你在做什么?)
95. I had a busy day. I'm, all in〖精疲力竭〗.
96. This has been a long day. (这是个漫长的一天。)
97. Everyone is goofing around. (人人都在混时间。)
98. You mean I have to work overtime〖加班〗tonight?
99. I think I'm under-paid. (我想我的薪水太低了。)
100. I had words with〖吵架〗my boss today.
101. I tried to keep out of the trouble〖尽量不惹麻烦〗.
102. Aren't you happy with your present occupation?
103. That doesn't make sense. (那没有意义。)
104. He's sore over the fact that he wasn't promoted this year. (他对今年没有升迁而感到恼怒。)
105. How did he get to be a department head so fast? (他怎么这么快就成为一个部门的主管?)
106. That remains to be seen. (那还要看看。)
107. No way! I wouldn't touch that in any case. Don't push me! (绝不!我无论如何都不会去碰它,别逼我!)
108. Are you here on business〖公事〗or for pleasure?
109. He's a real workaholic〖真正的工作狂〗.
110. You don't sound very enthusiastic〖似乎不太热衷〗.
111. A little bird told me that Tony was going to be fired. (消息灵通人士告诉我他要被炒鱿鱼了。)
112. I'm afraid Tony's days are numbered〖快要被解雇〗.
113. What are your hours? (你是几点上班?)
114. What time does he punch out? (他几点打卡下班?)
115. He's gone for the day. (他整天都不在。)
116. He's gone for the summer. (他夏天度假去了。)
117. He's on leave now. (他现在在休假。)
118. He won't come until next week. (他下星期才会回来。)
119. I took a month off for a holiday〖休了一个月假〗.
120. I'm on coffee break. (我正在休息时间。)
121. He came down with the flu, so he didn't go to work.
122. How long does your vacation last?
123. It's tough getting an O.K.〖同意〗from the boss.
124. I'm pooped /very tired. (我精疲力尽。)
125. So how is it working out? (那事进行得怎样呢?)
126. We have a very important meeting on at the moment.
127. He's making money hand over first. (他财源滚滚。)
128. How much did you estimate this job is going to cost us? (呢估计这工作要花我们多少钱?)
129. He made good in business. (他事业成功。)
130. I'm in hot water /trouble〖有麻烦〗with the boss.
131. He turned over his company to his son last year.
132. You're on the day shift now〖上日班〗.
133. He's living on easy street. (他过得很富裕。)
134. To get ahead〖出人头地〗, you'll have to work ling hours and take short vacations.