生活口语:表扬的话一箩筐(3)
He's a real hero! (他是一个真正的英雄!)
What a man! (真是个男子汉!)
He's a great man!
He's a real man.
真不愧是你,干得好!
Wow, you're on a winning streak. *直译“啊!你连连取胜”,表达“真不愧是你”的语感。
We won again. (我们又赢了。)
Wow, you're on a winning streak. (哇,又赢啦!干得好。)
你的儿子真可爱。
You have a cute son. *是男孩的情况下。
You have a cute son. (你的儿子真可爱。)
Thank you. (谢谢。)*表示女孩子的说法如下。
You have a cute daughter. (你女儿真可爱。)
Thank you. She takes after her mother. (谢谢,她长得像她妈妈。)
您看上去很年轻。
You look young for your age.
You look young for your age. (您看上去很年轻。)
You're the only one who has said that. (只有你一个人这样对我说。)
我非常感谢您为此所做出的努力。
I appreciate your effort very much.
Thank you for your hard work.
真羡慕你。
I envy you.
I'm getting married. (我要结婚了。)
I envy you. (真羡慕你。)
I don't envy you. (我并不羡慕你。)
他对你的评价很高。
He thinks highly of you.
He thinks a lot of you...这句虽然不是一句正确的英语,但口语常用。
He has a high opinion of you.
我需要一个值得我尊敬的老板。
I need a boss I can look up to. *look up to“尊敬,对人表示尊敬”。
他真有勇气。
He's got guts. *guts还有“内脏”的意思。
So, he complained to his boss. (所以,他向老板发牢骚。)
He's got guts. (他可真敢。)
He's brave.