英语巴士网

奥运英语情景对话:08北京绿色奥运

分类: 实用英语 

A: Do you know what the main feature the Sydney Olympics is, John?

你知道悉尼奥运会还有一个什么特点吗?

B: Of course, I know.

我当然知道。

A: What?

什么特点?

B: Environmental protection.

环保啊!

A: Do you know when IOC put forward the issue of environmental protection?

你知道国际奥委会在哪一年提出环保课题的吗?

B: Sorry, I have no idea about it.

抱歉,这我还真不知道。

A: Let me tell you. In 1991. At that time, Sydney put forward the slogan "environmental protection", thus, it won the bid.

让我来告诉你,那是1991年。当时,悉尼正是打出“环保牌”才赢得申办权。

B: What a nice memory! Oh, I know that Beijing and Sydney bid for the Olympic Games together.

好记性!噢,我知道那时北京和悉尼一起参加申奥。

A: Yeah, Sydney had five strate-gies: save energy, save water, reduce trash, prevent pollution, and protect the environmnet. They tried to host a "Green Olympics".

不错,悉尼有五大战略,即:节能、节水、减少垃圾、防止污染与保护环境。他们要办一届“绿色奥运”。

B: They have racked their brain.

他们可谓绞尽脑汁。

A: Yes. Even the torch and fuel are produced by using environmental protection techniques and materials.

是的。就连火炬和燃料都采用环保技术与材料制成。

B: Even so, there was still much pity left. The Green and Peace Organization called it at most a half green.

即使如此,还留下了不少遗憾。绿色和平组织,称其最多是半绿色。

A: That's been quite good. It's the beginning after all. I'm sure that it will be better and better.

已经很不错了,毕竟是刚刚开始嘛。我相信以后会越来越好。

猜你喜欢

推荐栏目