推心置腹的英文怎么说
推心置腹的英文:
[Literal Meaning]
push/heart/put/belly
to put one's heart into someone else's belly
[解释]
把赤诚的心交给人家。比喻真心待人。
[Explanation]
to treat others with utmost sincerity
[例子]
我很想跟他推心置腹地谈谈,但是他却总躲着我。
[Example]
I want to talk to him with utmost sincerity, but he has been trying to avoid me.
[英文等价词]
to bare one's heart upon one's sleeves
the flow of soul
They exchanged their views heart to heart.
他们推心置腹地交换了意见。
I had no resource, no friend, no confidant but my old governess
我没有可以依赖的人,没有朋友,除了我的老保姆以外,没有一个可以推心置腹的人。
Now that Lucille and hob have had that little heart to heart talk, may we have another word, hob?
既然露西尔和霍布已经推心置腹地谈了话,那么霍布,我们可不可以说另一个词呢?
After drinking to each other in the steaming mixture, they became quite confidential
他们端起那热气腾腾的酒,彼此互敬一杯之后,请推心置腹,无话不谈。
I confided to frances that I was drawn to medicine
我对弗朗西斯推心置腹地说,我想去学医。
In the desert, he might have addressed himself more entirely to his true audience, posterity
在沙漠里,他倒更能够推心置腹地对真正的听众--后世子孙--讲话。
"When I quit my high-paying job with Standard Oil, my educated dad had a heart-to-heart with me. "
当我放弃在标准石油公司收入丰厚的工作后,我受过良好教育的爸爸和我进行了推心置腹的交流。
He did not mean to be greasily confidential to Miss Quested, only to enlist her support.
他也不是故意向奎斯迪小姐献殷勤显示出好像推心置腹,不过想得到她的支持而已。
…Although Agnes was so young and inexperienced, my Aunt confided in her
爱格妮虽然很年轻,很缺乏经验,我姨婆却对他那样推心置腹,无话不说。
Mr. Bounderby's fine bluff English independence, though a most charming characteristic, does not invite confidence.
庞得贝先生的优良的、直率的,代表英国国民性格的那种独立不羁的精神,虽然是一种顶可爱的特点,但是,这并不能引起别人对他推心置腹。