用英语向外国朋友介绍打的的情况
A:Could you tell me something about taking a taxi? 能跟我讲讲打的的事儿吗?
B:No problem.What do you want to know? 没问题。你想知道什么?
A:Everything about taxi. 和出租车有关的一切。
B:Ok.First,you have to hail a taxi. 好吧。首先你得先叫车。
A:What is hail a taxi? 是hail a taxi什么意思?
B:It means you wave your arm to stop a taxi. 就是你挥舞手臂拦出租。
A:I see.Then? 然后呢?
B:Then you get in the car and the driver will ask you "where to?" Tell them your destination. 然后你就上车。司机这时会问你去哪。告诉他们你的目的地。
A:What if I wanna buy some smokes on the way? 要是我半路上想买烟怎么办?
B:Just tell the driver to pull over.Tell them you wanna buy something and keep the meter running. 告诉司机靠边停车,你想买点东西。打着计价器。
A:Ok. 明白了。
B:If you want the driver to go faster.Just say "Step on it". 如果你想让司机开快点儿。就说Step on it
A:What does that mean? 那是什么意思?
B:Step on it means step on the gas. 就是踩油门。
A:Got it. 这样啊
B:And if you know a shortcut, just tell the driver. Sentences like "Make a left/right turn .Go straight" are helpful. 如果你知道近路的话就告诉司机。象Make a left/right turn .或Go straight这种句子会有帮助。
A:So what should I say when I get there? 那我到了后该怎么说呢?
B:Just say "Drop me off here" or "Let me out here" 就说把我放在这儿就好了
A:Do I have to tip them? 用给他们小费吗?
B:Yes. 用
A:How much is the tip? 给多少?
B:Usually 10 percent. 通常是车费的百分之十。