正宗的英语叠词 下
07 hush-hush 嘘声,秘密的
In the end he was forced to resign but it was all very hush-hush.
最后他被迫辞职,但这些全是秘密发生的。
This matter is hush-hush.
这件事要谨慎保密。
You don't want to hush-hush his scandal to me.
你别想对我隐瞒他的丑事。
08 win-win 双赢
We are trying to establish a win-win relationship.
我们努力建立一种双赢的关系。
Free trade is not always a win-win situation.
自由贸易并非总是双赢局面。
09 no-no 禁忌
In the United States, asking the age of a lady is a big no-no.
在美国,问一位女士的年龄是一件绝对禁忌的事情。
We all know that cheating on our taxes is a no-no.
我们都知道偷税漏税是绝对不行的。
10 so-so 马马虎虎,不好不坏的
Their lunch was only so-so.
他们的午餐只能算是凑合凑合。
Although you spoke highly of the film, I just feel it's so-so.
不管你怎么夸耀那部影片,我还是觉得它一般般。
11 go-go 活跃的;快速增长的
He's a go-go person.
他是个十分活跃的人。
the go-go years of the early 21st century
21世纪初的那个奔腾年代
12 dum-dum 笨蛋
You dum-dums!
你们这些笨蛋!
Oh, you're in trouble, dum-dum.
哦,你有麻烦了,笨蛋。