英语巴士网

To put a sock in it. 保持安静。

分类: 英语学习方法 

1. To put a sock in it – to tell someone noisy to be quiet.

放只袜子在里面——告诉某个很吵的人保持安静。

Jane was yelling while I was studying so I told her to put a sock in it.

当我在学习时简却在那边大喊大叫,于是我让她闭嘴。

2. To have a cast iron stomach – to have no problems eating or drinking anything.

有个铁胃——吃、喝任何东西都没问题。

I think I would be sick if I ate all that food, but Joe seems to have a cast iron stomach.

我觉得如果我把所有食物都吃了,我肯定会不舒服,但是乔看起来就像有个铁胃一样,吃多少都没事儿。

3. To drink like a fish – to drink heavily.

像鱼一样能喝——海量。(喝起酒来不要命)

The group at the bar seems to being having a party and you can tell he's the birthday boy because he is drinking like a fish! 酒吧里的这群人看起来像是在举行生日派对,很明显可以看出他是这个派对的主角,因为他

一直喝。

4. Use your loaf – use your head, think smart.

用你的面包——动动脑子,仔细想想。

Come on Parker, use your loaf! I know you can solve this problem!

快来帕克,动动脑子!我知道你能解决的。

5. Finger licking good – extremely tasty.

好吃到要舔手指——非常美味。

My mom makes the best steak! It's finger licking good!

我妈妈最擅长做牛排!简直好吃爆了!

猜你喜欢

推荐栏目