英语巴士网

牛津实用英语语法 287 劝告的形式

分类: 英语学习方法  时间: 2023-12-07 09:08:12 

A must,ought to和should可用来表示劝告:

You must read this book.It’s marvellous.

你该读一读这本书。这本书非常好。

You should grow your own vegetables.

你应该自己种菜吃。

You ought to plant some trees.

你应当种几棵树。

在间接引语中 must,ought to和should可以不发生变化,或用advise+ 宾语结构来转述:

He advised me to plant trees.

他劝我种树。

B you had better +不带to的不定式(参见第120节):

You’d better take off your wet shoes.

你最好把湿鞋子脱掉。

You’d better not wait any longer.

你最好不要再等了。

had better可用于第三人称:

He’d better stop taking those pills.

他最好别再服用那些药片。

C if I were you I should/would:

If I were you I’d buy a car.

如果我是你,我就买一辆汽车了。

这种形式常常被缩略为I should/would,I稍加重音:

′I’d buy a car.

(译文同上。)

在间接引语中 If I were you I should/would…由advise+宾语结构来转述:

He advised me to buy a car.

他劝我买辆汽车。

D I advise/would advise you+不定式:

I(would) advise you to apply at once.

(你要是问我的意见的话)我劝你马上去申请。

I advise/would advise+动名词:

I(’d) advise applying at once.

(译文同上。)

E why don’t you…?可表示劝告或建议:

Why don’t you learn to play your guitar?

你为什么不学弹吉它?

Why don’t you take a holiday?

你为什么不休假?

表示劝告时,可由advise+宾语结构转述:

He advised me to take a holiday.

他劝我去度假。

F it is time you + 过去时态:

It is time you bought a new coat.

你该买一件新外衣了。(参见第293节。)

可用下列方法表示转述:

He said it was time I bought a new coat.

他说我该买一件新外衣了。


猜你喜欢

推荐栏目