美国口语俚语大全五
美国口语俚语(41)
1. get burnt遭殃
Every time I play the nice guy, I get burnt.
每次做好人,总是我遭殃。
2. shake a leg迅速行动
Shake a leg, they’re getting impatient.
快动身吧,他们已经等得不耐烦了。
3. jet lag由不同地区的时间差所造成的身心不适
I’m still suffering from jet lag.
我的时差还没调整过来。
4. noon sharp正午
He’ll be here at noon sharp.
他中午会到这儿。
5. no picnic难以捱过
Work today was no picnic.
今天的工作不轻松。
美国口语俚语(42)
1. the crack of dawn破晓
I woke up at the crack of dawn.
我一早就醒了。
2. will be终归会来
What will be will be!
师傅不是祸,是祸躲不过!
3. put it out摒弃在心门外
Put it out of your mind!忘了它吧!
4. Get the picture?
我说的话你明白了吧?
5.can’t atch my breath气短不继
I can’t catch my breath.
我喘不过气来了。
美国口语俚语(43)
1. up and running生龙活虎的
He’ll be up and running in a few days.
几天后他又会生龙活虎。
2. rested up从疲劳或患病中恢复
I’ve rested up.
我已休息够了。
3. live off依赖
He lives off his parents.
他仰赖他的父母生活。
4. sharp犀利
He has sharp eyes.
他的眼光犀利。
5. put in a good word推荐,美言
Can you put in a good word for me to get that job?
你能帮我美言几句,好得到那份工作吗?
美国口语俚语(44)
1. decent pay令人轻视不得的薪水
I make ( a ) decent pay.
我的薪水相当可观。
2. build contacts建立专业性之联系
Temping is a great way to build contacts.
打临时工,是建立人际关系的良方。
3. mark time旷费时日,而不尽力工作
He’s just marking time.
他只是在捱时间,没在办事。
4. by hook or by crook无论如何
I’ve gotta finish this by five o’clock, by hook or by crook.
无论如何我都得在5点前把它做完。
5. call it quits叫停
Sometimes, I just want to call it quits.
我有时真想辞职了事/有时我真想一死了之。
美国口语俚语(45)
1. be lit up like a Christmas tree喝醉之后非常高兴
Mr. Bigdrink was lit up like a Christmas tree at the party last night.
在昨天的社交晚会上,大酒徒先生喝醉以后高兴极了。
2. think better of改变主意 (是不是跟字面意义想饭?:))
When I saw Jim’s behavior, I thought better of dating him.
当我见到Jin的举止后,我改变主意,打算不跟他约会了。
3. have another think coming大错特错
If he thinks I’d marry him, he has another think coming.
如果他认为我会跟他结婚,那就大错特错了。
4. windbag饶舌的人
John is such a windbag. He can talk for hours at a time without saying anything.
约翰是一个饶舌大王。他能够一连好几个小时滔滔不绝的讲毫无内容的话。
5. a bay window大肚皮
Anyone who drinks beer too much is bound to get a bay window.
喝啤酒太多的人,必然会落得一个大肚皮。
美国口语俚语(46)
1. go public公开宣布
Mr. Smith went public today that he was retiring.
史密斯先生今天公开宣布他要退休了。
2. make the grade称职;合乎水准、要求
If you don’t make the grade, you can’t be a member of the club.
如果你不合格,就不能成为俱乐部的一员。
3. get the drift了解
Stop me when you get the drift. I don’t want to bore you with something you already understand.
你听懂了就叫停。我不想用你已经知道的事烦你。
4. day in court申诉的机会
When Mr. Jones was explaining what has happened, Mr. Smith was silent. He knew he would get his day in court.
琼斯先生解释所发生的事情时,史密斯先生沉默不语,他知道他会有机会申辩的。
5. feel someone out探听某人的意向
John asked Dave to feel Jane out about whether she’d be interested in going out with him.
约翰要求戴夫探听简是否有兴趣和他出去。
美国口语俚语(47)
1. get the hang of进入状态,摸到窍门
I think if I practice serving a couple of times, I’ll get the hang of it.
我想如果我多练习几次发球,我就会魔到窍门了。
2. out to lunch神经病,神志不清
Richard stands on his head in the shower. He’s really out to lunch.
理查德在浴室倒立。他真是有病。
3. rap sheet犯罪记录,前科
This isn’t his first offense. He has a rap sheet a mile long.
这不是他第一次犯罪,他前科累累。
4. red tape官样文章,繁琐的程序
I need this information as soon as possible. See if you can cut through the red tape.
我要尽快拿到这份文件。看能不能缩短申请的程序。
5. a fair shot相当大的希望
You have a fair shot at the scholarship.
你很有希望能拿到奖学金。
美国口语俚语(48)
1. set someone back使某人破费
That dinner set be back sixty dollars.
那顿晚饭花了我60美元。
2. pull a fast one欺骗
He tried to pull a fast one on us, but we caught on before he got away with it.
他想要欺骗我们,但在他阴谋得逞前我们就明白了。
3. pull rank摆架子
Don’t try to pull rank on me. We’re all equals here.
别对我摆架子,这里人人平等。
4. red my lips注意听
Read my lips. I don’t like broccoli.
注意听,我不喜欢绿花椰菜。
5. burp打嗝
Don’t burp so loud. It’s not polite.
不要这么大声打嗝,那样不礼貌。
美国口语俚语(49)
1. put on airs摆架子
I can’t stand Mary. She always putting on airs because she thinks she’s better than everybody else.
我受不了玛丽。她老摆架子,因为她自以为比别人好。
2. put…on the line赔上,不惜
I’d gladly put my reputation on the line for you. You’re my closest friend.
我愿意为你搭上我的名誉。你是我最好的朋友。
3. rag烂报
The National Enquirer is a real rag.
《国家探密报》这份报纸真次。
4. chicken feed=peanuts小钱
I make chicken feed compared to you.
和你比起来,我赚的只是小钱。
5. brown-nose拍马屁
Harold is always brown-nosing the oss.
哈罗德总是拍老板的马屁。
美国口语俚语(50)
1. eye-opener令人大开眼界的事
Listening to him talk about his adventure in China was a real eye-opener.
听他谈在中国的历险令人大开眼界。
2. fake someone out骗过某人
The quarterback faked the other team out by keeping the ball instead of passing it.
四分卫持球不传,骗过了敌队。
3. fall flat失败;碰壁;未达到预期效果
His joke fell flat because no one understand it.
他的笑话没人听懂,所以没有收到效果。
4. cover for掩护
Don’t worry about mother, I’ll cover for you this time.
别担心妈妈那边,这一次我会为你掩护的。
5. bite the bullet咬紧牙关,忍受痛苦
You just bite the bullet and get it over with.
咬紧牙关完成这件事吧。
美国口语俚语(51)
1. big picture(事情的)主要部分;重点
Concentrate on the big picture for now. Don’t worry about the minor details.
先把精神集中在重点上,不要担心次要的细节。
2. bite the dust死亡,报销
This pen just bite the dust.
这支钢笔报销了。
3. bleeding heart老好人
The liberal candidate was accused by his conservation opponent of being a bleeding heart on welfare issues.
自由派候选人在福利问题上被保守派对手斥为老好人。
4. bad news讨厌鬼
Marcy is nothing but bad news around here.
马西珍视这一带的讨厌鬼。
5. bad blood不和,敌意
Ever since Howard borrowed 5,000 dollars from Mike and never paid him back, there has been bad blood between them.
自从霍华德向麦克借了5,000美元不还之后,他们之间就有了嫌隙。
美国口语俚语(52)
1. cheapo小气鬼,没格调的人
Brian is a real cheapo. He won’t even spend the money to buy his mother a birthday present.
布莱恩真是个小气鬼。他甚至不愿意花钱位他嘛嘛买生日礼物。
2. cheapie便宜货
It’s a cheapie. I spent only a couple of bucks on it.
这是个便宜货。我才花一两块钱买的。
3. chow down吃饭
Let’s chow down. I’m so hungry.
吃饭吧。我饿死了。
4. clam up住口,不说话(原意为“蚌壳合起来”)
When Vinnie entered the room, Mary clammed up.
文尼已进入房间,玛丽就闭嘴了。
5. chill out缓和情绪,冷静下来
Chill out. Things are not as bad as they seem.
冷静一点。事情并不象表面上那么糟。
美国口语俚语(53)
1. out in left field疯了
He’s out in left field. Nobody ever understands what he is talking about.
他必定疯了。没人知道他在说些什么。
2. out of it迷迷糊糊,昏昏沉沉,心不在焉
Sara’s always out of it, she has no idea of what goes on in the world today.
萨拉总是迷迷糊糊的,现在世界发生什么事完全不知道。
3. out of luck运气不好
You’re out of luck. The last bus left half an hour ago.
你运气不好。末班车半小时前就开走了。
4. out of this world太棒了,好极了
This food is out of this world. I’ll have to get your recipe.
这食品好极了!我得向你要点烹饪秘诀。
5. out of whack坏了
This phone is out of whack. You can’t dial out.
这个电话坏了,拨不出去。
美国口语俚语(54)
1. be caught dead 献丑,出洋相
I wouldn't be caught dead in that ugly outfit.
我才不要穿那样难看的衣服献丑呢!
2. not by a long shot 绝不可能
There's no way he could have won, not by a long shot.
他绝不会已经赢了。
3. off the top of one's head 不假思索,马上
I can't tell you the information off the top of my head. I'll have to look
it up.
我没办法告诉你这个消息,我的查一下。
4. life in the fast lane 刺激的生活(fast lane快车道)
Jane like to live life in the fast lane.
简喜欢过刺激兴奋的生活。
5. bow out 不干了,退出
Mr. Black often quarreled with his partners, so he finally bowed out of
the company.
布莱克先生经常和同伙吵架,因此他终于退出了公司。
美国口语俚语(55)
1. bend over backwards 不遗余力
Sue will eng over backwards to help her friends.
休会尽力帮助朋友。
2. all ears 全神贯注
Whenever you tell Jonny some gossip, he's all ears.
每当你见闲话给给琼尼听时,他总是全神贯注。
3. get lost 滚开
A stray cat was lurking outside the fish market and the ower yelled at it," Get lost!"
一只野猫在卖鱼的市场前探头探脑,摊主对它大叫:“滚开!”
4. pump up 热切期望
Everybody on campus is pumped up about Saturday's big game. The winning team will get the national title.
校园里大家都热切期望着星期六的大赛,赢的队伍将成为全国冠军。
5. put someone out 给某人添麻烦
Please don't go to so much trouble. I don't want to put you out.
请不要非那么多工夫,我不想给你添麻烦。
美国口语俚语(56)
1. punch line好笑的部分
I can’t tell the joke, I forgot the punch line.
我无法将这个故事,我忘了当中最好笑的部分。
2. put-down羞辱,贬损
I’ve had enough of your put-downs. You’re not perfect either.
我受够了你的羞辱,你也好不到哪里去。
3. cop-out溜走
Don’t cop-out on me now. You promised you’d go.
别想溜。你说过你会去的。
4. blabbermouth大嘴巴,爱说闲话的人
I don’t like Don because he’s a blabbermouth.
我不喜欢堂,因为他爱说人闲话。
5. break it up 停止谈天、吵架、打架(原意为“分开”)
Break it up! I will not permit fighting in this classroom.
住手!我不准有人在这个教室里打架。
Artist:Celine Dion
Song:My Heart Will Go On
Every night in my dreams
I see you, I feel you
That is how I know you go on.
Far across the distance
and spaces between us
You have come to show you go on.
Near, far, wherever you are
I believe that the heart does go on
Once more, you opened the door
And you're here in my heart,
and my heart will go on and on.
Love can touch us one time
and last for a lifetime
And never let go till we've gone.
Love was when I loved you,
one true time to hold on to
In my life we'll always go on.
You're here, there's nothing I fear
And I know that my heart will go on.
We'll stay, forever this way
You are safe in my heart
and my heart will go on and on