英语巴士网

表达今天晚上蛮冷的

分类: 英语口语 
 Herbert: Oh, that's 1) music to my ears.

赫伯特: 噢,这话听起来真是太悦耳了。

Rose: It's really 2) chilly tonight.

柔丝: 今天晚上蛮冷的。

Herbert: Here, why don't you have my 3) jacket.

赫伯特: 来,披上我的外套。

Rose: Oh, thanks, Herb.

柔丝: 谢谢你,赫伯。

Herbert: Maybe I can put my arm around you……

赫伯特: 或许我该搂着你……

语言详解

A: Here, try this jacket on.

来,穿这件夹克试试。

B: OK, just let me take off my sweater first.

好,先让我把毛衣脱掉。

「That's music to my ears.   我最爱听这种话了」

这句话的意思就是That's what I like to hear. 表示对方说的话,正好是自己喜欢听的,一如天籁般的悦耳。

A:  I heard you're finishing up your dissertation this month.

听说你们行销计划这个月就可以写完。

B:  Ahhh. Say that again. That's music to my ears.

你再说一次。这话听起来真是太悦耳了。

1) music (n.) 音乐,对话里指的是“悦耳的话”。

2) Chilly  (a.) 寒冷的

3) jacket (n.) 短上衣,外套

猜你喜欢

推荐栏目