英语巴士网

如何表达这才叫浪漫

分类: 英语口语 
 Sue:   Flowers. Now that's romantic.

苏:   花。这才叫浪漫。

Rose:  They're plastic and will never die. They're 1) supposed to be a symbol of endless love.

柔丝: 它们是塑胶的,永不凋谢。那些花象征永恒的爱。

Sue:  The two of you were 2) definitely 3) made for each other. Thank God, my match-making work is over……Now 4) it's your turn.

苏:你们两个真是天造地设的一对。谢天谢地,我不用再牵红线了……现在换你了。

Rose:   What?

柔丝: 换我干嘛?

Sue:Do you have Don's number?

苏:你有唐的电话吗?

语言详解

A:  When were you supposed to pay your rent?

你本该何时付房租?

B:  Last week I'm five days late.

上星期,我晚了五天。

「Now that's romantic.   这才叫浪漫」

Now that's……这样的句型所表达的意思,类似中文里头“这才像话”或是“这倒也说得过去”的语气。

A:I'm late to work because I had to take my child to school.

我是因为送小孩子上学才会上班迟到。

B:Now that's not a bad excuse. But I don't want to see you late again!

这个借口倒还不坏。但我不想再看到你迟到了!

1) be supposed to…… 应该是……

2) definitely  (adv.) 绝对地

3) made for each other 绝配,天生一对

4) it's your turn 该你了

猜你喜欢

推荐栏目