英语巴士网

你的机会来了的表达

分类: 英语口语 
 Don: The lady told me to thank you, Herbert.

唐: 那位小姐要我谢谢你呢,赫伯特。

Herbert: So?

赫伯特: 所以咧?

Don: So, here's your 1) chance.

唐: 所以,你的机会来了。

Herbert: She's just being 2) polite. She doesn't want to hurt my feelings.

赫伯特: 她只是客气。她不想伤害我的感情。

Don: She accepted your drink. That means she 3) invites you to talk to her.

唐: 她接受了你的饮料。那表示她邀你去跟她说话。

Herbert: No, she's too pretty. I'm not in her 4) league.

赫伯特: 不,她太漂亮了。我配不上她。

Don: Don't blow it, Herbert! Get over there!

唐: 你别搞砸了,赫伯特。赶快过去吧!

语言详解

A: Did you do the laundry yet?

你洗衣服了吗?

B: No. I haven't had a chance to do it.

还没,我还没找到机会。

「to hurt someone's feelings 伤(某人的)心,伤(某人的)感情」

让人觉得难堪、悲伤、沮丧、自卑等负面的情绪,就是to hurt someone's feelings.

A: You hurt my feelings when you said that.

你那样说伤了我的心。

B: I'm sorry. You misunderstood me.

对不起。你误会我了。

「to be in someone's league 配得上(某人),跟(某人)属于同一类」

若要表示“配不上” 、“不同属一类” ,除了把be改成be not,也可以说to be out of someone's league.

A: Look at the new girl! She's definitely my type.

你看那个新来的女生!她绝对是我要的型。

B: Keep dreaming. She's out of your league.

继续做梦吧,她不是你配得上的。

1) chance  (n.) 机会

2) polite  (a.)  客气的,礼貌的

3) invite  (v.) 邀请

4) league  (n.) 同一伙人,团体

猜你喜欢

推荐栏目