英语巴士网

她约的人一直没来

分类: 英语口语 
 Herbert:   She thinks I'm a 1) geek, right? Look, she's leaving.

赫伯特:她觉得我是只爱玩电脑的怪物,对吧?你看,她要走了。

Don:Her date never showed up. Anyway, you're got a second chance.

唐:她约的人一直没来。总而言之——你有第二次机会了。

Herbert:What do you mean?

赫伯特:什么意思?

Don:I told her you love music and the piano. You're just 2) shy.

唐:我告诉她你喜欢音乐和钢琴。你只是害羞而已。

Herbert:Did she believe you?

赫伯特:她相信你吗?

Don:Looks that way. She 3) agreed to teach you, starting next Monday.

唐:看来是这样。她答应教你,下星期一开始。

Herbert:What? Me? Oh, no, no, no.

赫伯特:什么?我?噢!不,不,不行!

Don:Here's the address, and the time. Good luck, 4) Romeo.

唐:这是她的地址,还有上课时间。祝你好运,罗密欧。

语言详解

A: The weather conditions are optimal today.

今天的天气非常理想。

B: I agree. Let's go fly a kite.

我同意。我们去放风筝。

「show up 现身」

show up是指“出现,现身”的意思。

A: Let's meet him at the railway station at the appointed time.

我们在指定的时间到车站去和他碰面好了。

B: What if he doesn't show up?

要是他到时候没来怎么办?

B句是另一人担心会等不到人的问法。

1) geek  (n.) 电脑玩家,只懂电脑的怪人

2) shy  (a.)  害羞的

3) agree to…… 同意(做什么事)

4) Romeo  (n.) 罗密欧。出自莎士比亚的《罗密欧与茱丽叶》,在这里表示多情的男人。

猜你喜欢

推荐栏目