英语巴士网

真是有点俗气的表达

分类: 英语口语 
  Sue:   He named it after you.

苏:   他用你的名字取的。

Rose: So?

柔丝:所以咧?

Sue:   That's kind of 1) cheesy. He 2) obviously likes you.

苏:   真是有点俗气。他很明显在喜欢你。

Rose: He wrote it in college! It has nothing to do with me!

柔丝:他是在大学的时候写的!跟我一点关系都没有!

Sue:   So maybe it's 3) fate! Like he knew he would meet you someday!

苏:   那这或许是缘分啰!好像他早就知道有一天会遇见你!

Rose: You're more of a hopeless romantic than I am.

柔丝:你比我还更是无可救药的浪漫主义者。

Sue:   What are you waiting for? I want to hear it!

苏:   你在等什么?我要听!

Rose: Okay, okay! (She plays the music)

柔丝:好啦!好啦!(播放音乐)

语言详解

A: That show was so cheesy.

那节目真是俗到家了。

B: Yeah. That's why all the girls were crying.

对啊。那就是为什么女孩子看了都在哭。

「be named after…… 以(某人的名字)被命名」

为了表示敬意或怀念,美国人经常用已故亲人的名字为孩子命名。这种情况在台湾很少发生在人身上,但用在马路、建筑物的情形则相当普遍。

A: I was named after my German grandfather.

我以我的德国祖父命名。

B: No wonder I can't pronounce your name!

难怪我不会念你的名字!

1)  cheesy  (a.) 俗气的

2)  obviously (adv.) 明显地

3)  fate (n.) 命运

猜你喜欢

推荐栏目