英语巴士网

我的“道行比较高”

分类: 求职英语 

在工作中,为什么有的人工作得心应手,有的人事事不顺?这就是道行问题了!那么, “道行高”又该怎么表达呢?下面就让我们一起来看一看。

Dave: How did you know I was working for Web Tracker?

戴夫:你怎知道我在替“网路搜寻家”工作?

Zina: When I was in LA, I met the Web Tracker sales rep.

吉娜:当我在洛城的时候,我跟“网路搜寻家”的业务代表碰过面。

Dave: He couldn't have told you. Only a few people at Web Tracker know about me.

戴夫:他不可能会跟你说的。“网路搜寻家”只有少数人知道我。

Zina: The sales rep had a green note pad just like yours. He said everybody at Web Tracker used them.

吉娜:那个业务代表用的绿色便利贴跟你的一样。他说“网路搜寻家”的人都用这种。

Dave: I can't believe it. I can't believe I fell into your trap.

戴夫:不敢相信。我不相信自己掉进了你的陷阱。

Zina: We both may be snakes, Dave, but I'm just better at it. Among the snakes, I'm the sneakiest.

吉娜:我们俩或许都是诈包,戴夫,但我的道行就是比较高。在诈包当中,我可是诈包冠军。

Notes:

1. better at it 道行比较高

这个片语用better 是因为有两者之间的比较,一般情况下只说 good at it “精于此道”。要注意介词只能用at。

A: I know you are a pianist in your own right.

我知道你天生就是一位钢琴家。

B: No. I know how to play the piano. But I'm not good at it.

不是的。我懂得弹钢琴,但我并不精于此。

A: You're too modest. You're better at it than many performers.

你太谦虚了。你比许多表演者弹奏的还好。

2. sales rep 业务代表;rep “代表”是representative 的略缩。

3. fall into one's trap 陷入某人的陷阱

猜你喜欢

推荐栏目